4.01.2014

Surigao Del Sur: Enchanted River, Hinatuan

Last month, Jampy and I went to his hometown. Originally, it was just a visit to his family before leaving the country for work and for me to finally meet and greet his parents. 

Since we're already at Surigao del Sur, we  decided to tour around the province and took this opportunity to visit the famous Enchanted River at Hinatuan.


The place is roughly 5-hour drive from Cagwait proper. I think it is also 5-hour drive if you are coming from Butuan. We rented a van so that his family and friends can also go with us and see the place.

When we arrived, I cant help myself from being stunned at its enchanting view. It was Monday afternoon so there's only few tourists in the place.


I think the depth of the river is still undefined (or maybe I just can't find it in google. :p). As of this writing, no one ever reached the bottom of this river. It is very deep and this is the reason why it is color blue.


People can swim at this river. They can dive too! :)
There's also a cave near the swimming area but people are not allowed to enter for safety. 


BTW, it's not awkward to use life vest since the river is too deep :)
Look at me! Having fun right there. Promise, it is worth it! :)





No comments: