1.31.2015

Surigao de Norte: Siargao Island Part 1 of 2

Last December 2014, I took the chance, file a vacation leave, left my computer table and visit Siargao Island. Though I'm not into surfing(maybe you already know why), I still fall in love with the place! This is one of the islands I will definitely recommend to my friends, colleagues and even to my grandchildren (well, hopefully Siargao locals will take care and maintain the place so that my grandchildren will also witness the beauty of the island). By default, this island is synonymous to surfing. If people find out that you're in this place, 99% chances are they would ask you if you will be surfing. But friends, there's more to Siargao than that!

This is actually a sequel to our Surigao del sur's Cagwait tour. As part of my 2-week long vacay, we headed up to the north, and explore Siargao.



1. Boardwalk, General Luna


You'll find most of the accommodations in General Luna. So many beachfront resorts available though there wasn't much activity to do here. You can stay at the board walk in the morning feel the breeze and watch the waves, beach bumming of all sort.

If you'll be choosing an accommodation, I strongly suggest, stick within General Luna! It will save you a lot of money and time (from transferring from place to place). Don't be like us who end up staying at Dapa (another town in Siargao Island)




2. Magpupungko + Pilar Beach

To those who knew me well, I am a beach bum! I sooo much love beach and the idea of the cozy afternoon on the sand, under the coconut tree.. I love ocean to the extreme level! Though I'm not much into extreme water activities. I can surf, yes. Bananaboat, yes, snorkeling, yes. No diving so far. I.Just.Cannot. :p


Less than 2 hour drive from General Luna, is the town of Pilar. There, you will find the Pilar beach. This beach has a sand that is color cream, and the water is really clear. What's special about this is that in the northern end of its stretch is a natural rock formation that looks like an infinity pool. If you love dipping into natural infinity pools, then you must visit this place - it is called Magpupungko rock formation.

I know it's much much breathtaking when the tide is low. I must really go back here!But still, I am so amazed! and had so much fun... taking videos. 







Watch my video blog here:




No comments: